We have met quite often unique movie characters that have moved our hearts so that they have become unforgettable. These characters are usually brave main characters that overcome difficulties and have a special charm. That is the reason why they can become sometimes a role model for us.
In this post we have chosen 10 movies to help us training our kids on disability.
- Radio (H2): it is based on a true story. The main character’s name is Radio and he is a disabled young man who establishes a special relationship with his football trainer. This story proves that we all have something inside to share with other people.
- Forrest Gump (H2): This movie’s main character is one of the most admired and loved characters in the cinematographic history. Thanks to Forrest Gump we learn that everybody is able to achieve their goals if they fight for them.
- Finding Nemo (H2): In this movie a little fish with a broken flap teaches us values such as the importance of the family, the effort to overcome obstacles and the patience towards those who suffer from other issues (Dory).
- Like stars on hearth (Estrellas en la Tierra) (H2): Ishaan’s story will move you surely. It is about an eight-year old boy who has learning impairments and nobody seems to understand him until one of his teachers decides to help him.
- I am Sam (H2): Regarding moving films, this one will touch your heart and will make you think. It is about Sam’s story, an intellectually disabled man who fights for his daughter’s custody.
- Yo también (Me too) (H2): We couldn’t miss a love story in our movies list to train our children on disability. However, this story is different from the rest. Daniel is a young man who has Down syndrome and falls in love with Laura. This story makes us think about the difficulties a disabled person may find in his personal relationships.
- Rosso come il cielo (Blue like the Sky) (H2): This story takes us to Italy with Mirco, a boy who after an accident, suffers from a brain injury with chronic blindness. Don’t miss how this super hero overcomes all challenges that life poses him.
- Rain man (H2): Raymond has Savant syndrome, an autism spectrum that gives him an extraordinary memorizing capacity.
- The Mighty (H2): this movie’s motto is “it does not matter that we are different as long as we are a good team”. In this story, two teenagers overcome many difficulties together.
- Le huitième jour (H2): we all can learn something from strangers. This movie is about a man with Down syndrome who meets a corporate executive.
There are plenty of inspiring examples in the cinematographic world that may be used to motivate and cheer up those suffering from any kind of disability but also everybody else. For this reason, we recommend these 10 movies to help children understanding and respecting disabled people. You will also have fun watching them; they will teach you a valuable lesson and will make you think.